Wednesday, March 14, 2007

How Much For Toby's Chewing Gum on E-bay?



I got to see Toby Keith Covel (born July 8, 1961) for my 3rd time last night at the Houston Rodeo and he’s getting better each time I see him. Well, okay, he’s a tad fatter this year than he was last year, but heck who isn’t. I had a difficult time getting a good picture of him because he put his head down a lot and, of course, he had that signature hat on too.

Now about the gum....last year I wrote this about his “gum thing”….
The odd parts (and you KNEW they'd be odd parts) were a) he never introduced the members of the band, just the band as a whole and b) he CHEWED GUM the ENTIRE time he performed! I've never seen anything like that. I wanted to march on stage and hold out my hand for the gum like the nuns used to do in grade school. 'Course I'd of never made in over the fence much less onto the stage, but I could see me doing it in my mind. The gum didn't seem to affect his abilities, but it was..... I dunno.... rude maybe. Certainly not "professional" and yet Tobe is the consummate "outlaw" so I guess if the Wriggley fits..... or different chews for different you's...

Well I’m not going to even think someone in his clique might of read that, but dadgum if he didn’t ditch his gum just before he started singing! I was highly impressed that he learned some manners in just one short year! Yea Tobe! Hmmmm .... I wonder how much that piece of gum would go for on E-bay?



The music got too loud again this year, but by and large he is just so darn entertaining and we all just love him and he has a good strong voice so it doesn’t take away any thing from the event. He “let” us sing some of the songs and that went over like a fart in church. We all know the punch line parts like “get drunk and be somebody” or “a lot more action”, but what comes before that is something else entirely. It’s cool when you can sing along WITH him, then everyone knows the words (yeah, right), but to have to solo it with thousands of others is just too fun-knee!

He puts on a good show no question about it and he doesn’t dilly dally around small talkin', he gets on it and stays on it the whole time. He’s got a new “album” coming out in June and I’ll be at the front of the line for sure.



Toby Keith Can Sing And Chew

No comments: