Sunday, January 01, 2006

I Just Love Snopes.Com!

Take today for instance....they've got an article on New Year's Day Superstitions that's just grand! I had no idea there were so many quirks attached to the first day of the new year. I've done the black-eyed peas thing for years, but certainly didn't know about the tall, dark, handsome man first-footer scenario! I just might have to start standing guard to keep any ugly, short guys at bay!

Black-Eyed Peas: A tradition common to the southern states of the USA dictates that the eating of black-eyed peas on New Year's Day will attract both general good luck and money in particular to the one doing the dining. Some choose to add other Southern fare to this tradition, but the black-eyed peas are key.



1 comment:

TxGoodie said...

I always have Hopping John (black-eyed peas and rice with leftover Christmas ham), but didn't this year! I'll probably have terrible luck and be poor all year! (Again!). Happy New Year to you and yours too, Don!