Saturday, January 07, 2006

Good People Need A Way To Protect Themselves

One Man's Observations: Gun Control Really is About People Control

I ran across this gentleman's post on his blog and thought it said what I believe too. I particularly like the quotes from our forefathers.

I'm proud to be a card carrying, lifetime member of the NRA and the Gun Owners of America. I'm a stanch supporter of law enforcement, but I know that the police can't protect us if they aren't around when a crime occurs.....we have to protect ourselves and our loved ones......and the most effective way to do that is with guns. People do kill people with guns, but people also kill with knives and drugs and rocks and their bare hands. It's been said a thousand ways by those more imaginative than me, that taking guns away from law abiding people is not going to stop criminals from being criminals. We, the older people in our society, have more need for the ability and comfort that firearms provide as we can't physically stop someone who's determined to harm us. I think the motto should be: Don't Mess With Texas Seniors!

No comments: