Sunday, March 05, 2006

Just Said "NO" To Oscar!

I didn't watch the Oscars. That's the first time EVER. It's not like I forgot they were going to be on either...I just said to myself: "Self, who needs it? It's just a bunch of self-promoting liberals, dressed to the nines and hell bent on slamming everything *I* believe in" so it was a no-go! Well, almost. I did tune in the last few minutes and watch Reese's speech pieces and the bombshell they tossed off the mountain for best picture. I read about the alleged "song" that won and I think that pretty much sums up what's wrong with all of it.

There is no romance or tenderness or class left in the world. Hollywood has stuck so much crap up their noses and into their veins they wouldn't know how to make a good movie if their livelihoods depended on it. When a good movie happens along and people like me flock to it, you'd think they might get a clue, but no they just go on trying to out-gross and out-shock and out-action themselves with each "new" film. Not that there are that many "new" films....next year they'll probably go into someone's bathroom and take a big old dump and then film THAT being flushed down the drain and call it "art". Is it any wonder I've been spending my time watching old films on the Turner Classic Movie channel?

1 comment:

Lainey said...

I didn't watch either, for the same reason.
Instead, I went for an Austin Powers flick on the Comedy Channel. Although, even the Comedy Channel is getting pretty raunchy and way too 'ethnic' for my taste these days, I enjoyed the movie.