Sunday, March 05, 2006

I'm A Soldier's Angel Now!


There's a wonderful organization called Soldier's Angels and I've been reading about it and tonight I took the plunge and signed up and got my very own soldier! His name is PFC Can't Give Out His Name and he's stationed somewhere where Americans are fighting for our freedoms while the rest of us sit on our cans and write in our blogs. The "rules" are simple....send packages and letters. The organization request one or two package a month be sent to your soldier and no quitting. You're in for the duration. They signed up and so did you!

This is exactly what I've been searching for without realizing it. I come from a long line of men that never served in the service in wartime. My brothers are both peace time veterans, but that's not really the same thing as crawling around in the mud and muck and getting shot at! I grew up after the 2nd World War and I remember people "doing" things for our soldiers and sailors. This is the least I can do to show my support in a real, tangible way. I hope I hear from him one day, but that might not happen. He might be to busy and that's understandable. That's the best part about this whole deal...he doesn't have to "do" anything, he's doing plenty now and I don't need acknowledgement, I'm getting my kicks out of helping in a small way. I like the way that works and it feels good too! Good night, Soldiers, stay safe...

No comments: