Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Google ME!

Just how the heck many Google sites are there anyway? Let me count the strays….

Dwight Silverman just pointed out the newest one, Google Base. “Google Base is a place where you can add all types of information that we'll host and make searchable online.”

Then there’s regular vanilla Google. Which to me is like always having white bread in the pantry.

Next up is Froggle and Google Local. (Are we sensing a theme here?) I wonder what they’d call an adult only search engine. Nope, I’m not touching that one with a ten foot you-know-what! I’m a good girl, I am.

Moving onward to my personal favorites…. Images….and Groups. Closely followed by News, which I have to say I’ve never been to until just now to snare their link. I get most all of my news from my Earthlink home page and the Houston Chronicle online.

Then there’s Webs, which I’m not at all sure what that searches. Can you say ‘redundant’? I knew you could.

OHMYGOD! I just clicked on MORE! Google has more links than you can shake a stick at! Truly you could find your own ass in the dark with a handy Google link! I’m not even going to attempt to list them all! I’m old and not might have that much time left!! Although I did always think they would find me slumped over either my computer (the Commodore 64 – you know – waiting for it to load a program!) or the washing machine.

Well, suffice to say, my brain has been BOGGLED at the expansive Google empire! I’m not entirely kidding about the adult only aspects either…..

No comments: