Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Dogs & Hearts - My Own Story

According to an article in the Chronicle today, a study confirmed that bringing dogs into hospitals is beneficial to patients, especially heart patients. I think ANY dog lover could of TOLD them that, but this way they did some scientific calculations and saw it for themselves.

Nine years ago I was in the hospital after having a heart attack and my doctor allowed my grown children to bring Cody to see me and it was wonderful for both of us. He couldn't come into the hospital, but the doc let me go just outside the doors, in a wheelchair, and love on him to my heart's content. It was good for him too because he's such a 'momma's boy' and I'm sure he was confused about why so much upheaval was going on in his den.

BTW that doctor with a heart is my cardiologist, Dr. Thomas DeBauche, M.D., and he's just the best, most caring, smartest doctor in town and I'm convinced he saved my life. He's one of those that won't take "NO" for an answer, but he does it without causing a fuss...he just smiles and next thing you know you're in the cath lab. When it's your turn in his office, he comes out personally and takes you by the hand and leads you back and then gives you 110% of his attention. He has a sense of humor and when you hear him laugh, THAT'S good for your heart too. All of his patients just adore him! You can see for yourself how great he is, just call 281-890-8588 and tell him "Edie" says "hey".

No comments: