Friday, October 14, 2005

Fun With Ball Talk

I've been having fun "talking" Astros baseball on Chip Bailey's FanBlog. I wonder if he's any kin to my Baileys?

I've developed a system for watching the game. I don't. I listen to Alan & Milo and TiVo the game ... then when we win I watch it! I can't stand listening to the "baseball experts" that are on FOX so I don't, at least not while my heart is racing and my palms are all sweaty. Last night it was as if the Cardinals were playing a game of MASTURBATION BASEBALL ... that's where only one team plays and the commentators watch. Now I know that's not a very nice thing for a little old lady to say, but it sure expresses how I feel about Curly, Moe and Larry aka Thom Brennaman, Bob Brenly and Steve Lyons.

As an old time Astros/Colt45's fan I'm going out on the limb and says "win or lose I'll love them" ... no one can keep those thoughts of past should-of-beens at bay, but THIS time I think they'll do it. THIS TIME is OUR TIME. Broken baseball hearts can and do mend and you live to love all over again. Life is good that way.

No comments: