Friday, April 21, 2006

The LawDog Files: Shame! Shame! Shame!

The LawDog Files: Shame! Shame! Shame!

I know at least one cop that told me early on that all the guns HAD to be confiscated in order to preserve order and not be used on the police trying to keep that order. He was a Texas LEO and not part of the NOLA scene. I can appreciate that cop's jobs are dangerous enough without being shot at while trying to help and we kept hearing reports that such a thing was happening. However, we also heard the situation in New Orleans seemed to be that one couldn't even trust the police to be lawful. Ouch! That goes against the grain of everything I was told growing up: to wit, when in trouble find a policeman.

I'm a gun owner and wouldn't of given up all my guns no matter who ordered it, but when they can come in and search and seize, what's a body to do? You can't shoot AT the police. I'm not a wackio...well at least not where my guns are concerned.

So the dilemma to a law abider like me would be which side of the line am I on? The law of survival says I must protect my own life and I certainly don't have the physical strength to do that without help from a bullet. Can't I protect myself and still obey the law and if not, why not?

No comments: