Sunday, April 16, 2006

Diamonds From The Dead?

Guess what? You can take a dead person's ashes and turn them into a DIAMOND! It's the carbon thing, you know. Freaks me out! And yet my nasty old imagination is going nuts with the possiblities.....

I can see it now.....first you call hospice then you call LifeGem! To heck with the casket, just buy me a jewerly box lined in satin! Make me pear shaped for eternity! Turn the old bag into a sparkling baggette! Like Marilyn sang "square cut or pear shaped these rocks don't lose their shape!".

Both your parents could be earrings. Mom's on the right and Dad's on the left lobe! Hey, don't stop there, Granny could become a bellybutton jewel!

I'm not so sure about the clarity though. And I'm not even going to think about color. Oooohhh.....would a fatter person make for a larger carat? That'd be kinda cool! 'Course you still have to buy the setting and gold is very dear these days, but still it's thought provoking to say the least. At your funeral they could just pass out loupes.....

No comments: