Friday, July 13, 2007

What Kind Of Friend Am I?




You Are A Good Friend



You're always willing to listen

Or lend a shoulder to cry on

You're there through thick and thin

Many people consider you their "best friend"!




I dunno, I found the question difficult to understand! Like this one...

# If you and your friend were crushing the the same person, you would:

* Let a few of your friend's not so fine points slip out when talking to your crush.
* Have a one on one talk with your friend about it. You'll figure something out.
* Go out with your crush, your friend, and a big group of people - and pay attention to how your crush acts.
* Let your friend win. It's not worth risking the friendship.
* Make it a bit of a fun contest between you and your friend to see who can nab your crush.


I'm guessing that I'm just too old to get it! Although the double "the's" in the question made me crazy! I know what a "crush" is, but I've never seen the expression "crushing" used before either.

But I digress. (As I am wont to do!)

I guess I'm an okay friend, but my basic core is more self serving than a real friend's should be. By that I freely admit to being selfish! I rationalize that being selfish is being protective of self. YOU watch my back and I'll watch it too! I'll watch YOUR back because I need you and if something happened to you, where would I be then!

I honestly don't know if that character trait is indicative of basic self preservation or if I'm just a total loser in the friendship game!

Like I'd give you the shirt off my back, no problem...UNLESS it left me naked. If I was naked then I'd be vulnerable to ridicule and I can't hang with public humiliation! I must of had a lot of ancestors in stocks! And I don't mean the kind Edward Jones sells!

1 comment:

Lainey said...

I agree, on the "crush/crushing" thing. "Crushing" sounds like you're smashing the person flatter than a pancake or something along those lines.

I'm sure you're a handy and fun person to know. You do have an amusing way with words...I love reading your rants and ramblings!

Now, I'm gonna go take the test and see how I fare in the friend dept.