Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Damn Strait! George Was Rockin'!


For the 2nd time in my life (and counting!), my friends Paula and Larry took me to see King George, Strait the 1st, last night as he opened Rodeo Houston! KHOU.com has a video clip of his opening song and I don't know how long it'll be available, but enjoy it if you can!









My comments on last year's Strait night - George Strait Was Great!











Check out the assortment of guitars...I swear he played every one of them too! He puts on the longest show of any of the performers I've ever seen! But you know, all he has to sing is The Fireman for me to have heard my favorite Strait song...

3 comments:

Attila the Mom said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

I love those older country singers---they don't need all the flash and dash---they kick butt on the instruments themselves.

Went to see Willie Nelson a few years ago. His opening act had all the technical garbage. Willie was pure poetry all on his own.

TxGoodie said...

Hiya ATM! I've been thinking about you and yours and hoping all was well.

I saw/heard Willie when he sang at the last regular season Astros game in the Astrodome and he sucked. But I think it was the sound system as much as anything. My youngest just LOVES Jimmy Buffett and he's coming to Minute Maid and she won't go because she said the sound system there isn't any better. When you start shelling out some serious dough you stop and think about things like that....

But back to Willie, I like him best when he's WITH another singer. And, God love him, he's one of those that I don't mind HEARING but I sure don't want to SEE sing!

I like your picture!!

Attila the Mom said...

LOL Thanks!