Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Ready For Rita

I've got a TV on all day, two radios tuned to 740 AM and even my Harris County Sheriff's scanner broadcasting and as near as I can figure from the deluge of information being widely disiminated by all in authority: We are going to die.

However, just in case we don't, they say you better have lots of water, etc. and don't be shocked if the power is off for two weeks, etc., etc. I think the bottom line is if you do die it's your fault for not heading The Word.

I'm doing what I can to be a good former Girl Scout. The Boy Scouts were told to Be Prepared. The Girl Scouts were told to clean up after the Boy Scouts and keep our mouths shut. My main hurricane preparations have been to get my washing done and make sure all the dishes are clean.

I've never seen the eye of a storm as tight as this one. It is scary, but once you're done all you can, you just have to trust that God will take care of the rest.

No comments: