Monday, August 15, 2005

Genealogy - I'd rather switch than fight

I'm in love. Earthlink's Trellix Site Builder is the way to go and then some! Mickeysoft's Frontpage can take a hike!

I've been busting my..... (fill in something busty) for a couple of weeks now, but except for the almost constant fine-tuning because "MONK" is my middle name, I'm all set to launch! Well, actually I published it the first day or so, only because I was worried it would crater on me and I'd lose all that work. Check it out at http://home.earthlink.net/~edie_genealogy/ (how's that for a creative title!).

The only problem I foresee is the sheer volume of the work.... it's too difficult to get around the site, most likely, but I don't know how else to put a gazillion generations "out there". My mom's alone is 16 generations long! You gotta love those Cajuns and Catholics....back then they'd write it down when someone so much as farted! Too bad they lacked creativity in naming their kids.... they found a name they liked like "Jean" or "Pierre" and just named all the boys the same like George Forman!

No comments: