Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My Tummy Was Yummy

Yea! I had my "scope" done this a.m. and everything turned out swell. No biopsy was necessary because no bad-bads were discovered. That's the cool part, the uncool part is now they still don't know what caused my chest pains....maybe they'll never know. Maybe I don't care WHY so long as it doesn't happen again.

The EGD (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy) was done at Cy-Fair Surgery Center and I've got to say the whole procedure from check-in to check-out was slicker than owl poop! They told me to be there at 6:30 for a 7:30 procedure and darn if it didn't work that way. You get ready (remove clothes, IV inserted) in a phone booth with a recliner and when they come for you, you walk to the "room" and get on the table all by yourself. They hook you up and shoot the juice to you and next thing you know it's over and you're wondering when they are going to begin! The big clock on the wall said 7:25 a.m. and the next big clock said 7:42 a.m. Wham! Bam! Here's your exit instructions, don't let the door hit you in the BeeHind on the way out! Next! You walk out of the joint the same way you walked in. None of that forcing you to ride in a wheelchair crap for this crowd! ILOVEDIT!

Here's picture of my innards suitable for framing! In fact, I just might send this out as my X-mas card this year.

5 comments:

Attila the Mom said...

Oh My God.

Now I feel like I know you uh--intimately!

Glad to hear your pipes are clear. ;-)

TxGoodie said...

Good thing they don't hand out PAP photos, huh? ;-)

Attila the Mom said...

eeeek! Or photos of your colon. ;-)

TxGoodie said...

I DO have pictures of my colon from a few years back...but they make you drink used dishwater to get rid of any nasty bits so it looks pretty much like all those other glossy pink parts!

The WORSE would be ANY pictures of TEETH work being done by the dentist! Teeth pics gross me out more than dead bodies even!

Anonymous said...

Have they tested your gallbladder, the chest pain could be from gallstones, I had them in '05 and lots of chest pain with it.
Hope they can sort you out. *o*