Sunday, June 25, 2006

Xavier Thoughts

Xavier Thoughts: "The problem with guns that 'just go off' is that a person put their God damned booger hook on the bang switch."

The Four Rules
1. All firearms are always loaded
2. Never let the muzzle of a firearm point at anything you are not willing to destroy
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot
4. Be sure of your target and what is behind it

Those are the same four rules my grandfather taught me and my brothers and any other kid he either knew or came into contact with. I've never forgotten the rules because they were repeated often. Even if people don't have guns in their houses they should teach these rules in school, in church, on the playgrounds and in the home.

The best part of Xavier's blog is his Idiots With Guns articles. I get a kick out of each and everyone of them even as I'm shaking my head at the stupidity of those pictured.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

I love that quote! Booger hook!! :D

Great advice. My husband keeps a loaded gun in the house, & I'm terrified one of my children will find it. If I start pounding these rules into their heads now, hopefully it will stick...

TxGoodie said...

Good plan, Kristie and one that me and my husband followed as well. We always had many guns concealed around our house, however unlike the crack houses and such we didn't stash them under the couch or the bed. ;-) I think the best thing to do is take the kids to the range and let them see, hear and feel what a handgun can do. But that's just me (oh and the NRA!).