Saturday, April 19, 2008

Old And Damned Happy About It!


According to an article in this day's Houston Comical, someone did a study of old farts and determined that on whole we are a giddy lot. Happy as clams and just as hard to open!

The Baby Boomers are not quite as happy and the youngsters are not happy at all.


I think that's why the two major Dem candidates are doing so well with the kiddies. Kids don't have enough life experience to realize that words like "change" and "new" are crap. The Prez is just one spoke in the wheel and so long as the entire Washington bus keeps moving down the roadway we are screwed.

Government, big or otherwise, has never done anything for me, or mine, or anyone I know. That's fine with me too, because government isn't supposed to "do" things for people. Ask Not. That's what the first and last Democrat President that I had any respect for said and look what happened to him!

Back then I too was young and filled with hope and high expectations. Camelot! The whole point of view of the young is for hope and change....it takes years and years of reality to hone those whippersnappers into happy-to-be-in-a-rut grownups. They believe because they don't know any better. They are suckered in by the sales talk of those that would like to be the rulers. The hard sell is tell 'em what they want to hear. (It's much easier being on The Other Side, we don't have a choice. It's McCain or stay home and watch the TCM channel).

The study thinks they found that old people are "happier" because they've learned to expect less. *I* think they are "happier" because they've managed to live without government B.S. killing them! Survival of the fittest, baby.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: happy, after a certain age, is waking up seeing anything other than the white satin lining of the planter box above you!


1 comment:

Lainey said...

Thanks for making my day, TX!

Once again, you're 'spot on'
(as Simon says)...

All the government does for/to me is take waaay to much of my money!

Long live Old Farts!