Sunday, January 25, 2009

Schedule My Ass!



I know about schedules. When the clock says IT'S TIME, then it IS time. To go. To quit. To leave. To change programming before the end of the current program!

The latter would be what happened this a.m., right at 1:30 CST on the Oxygen Channel via my DirecTV. Hacked me royally. Here I'd sat for HOURS watching You've Got Mail and they cut the friggin' thing off before the meeting in the park! I was astounded and then I looked at my clock and saw that it was 1:30 a.m. and evidently time for Snapped to begin.

It occurs to me that if the Oxygen Channel didn't spend so much time on their lame ass, kept repeating commercials they might actually have time to complete a scheduled program! But, hey, that's just me.

Although how many times do I have to grit my teeth and hear "bitches" said concerning their I'd-rather-eat-glass-than-watch Bad Girls Club? I noticed on their website, which I will not link to, they never use "bitch" or "bitches" once in their advertising. Only on TV where Lord knows the kids aren't supposed to be up at that ungodly hour, but us old gals that HAVE to have our romance fix from time to time are insulted with the use of the word. Isn't the Oxygen Channel supposed to be one of those "women's" channels? Why on God's green Earth would a woman's channel use the term "bitches"? Isn't that still an insulting term? Did RapCrap make it stylish and now it's some kind of compliment?

Now, granted, I'm getting old and cranky, but GET REAL...is one ever too old for good taste?

(Along about now this joke pops in my head: something about stewing something old with basil, garlic and a bay leaf until it tastes good. I can't help it, that's the way my mind works!)


The truly bizarre part is that I own a perfectly good DVD entitled You've Got Mail, but I didn't feel like slamming it into my PS3 to finish the flick. I KNOW how it ends, I just wanted to SEE it...kind of like a nightcap but without the booze. I could of just watched the DVD from the beginning if I wanted to see it, but, again, I just didn't feel like going to the trouble when the TV set is just sitting there gazing at me saying "come on, you know you wanna watch me".

Tell you what, the Oxygen Channel can kiss my old, cranky bottom if they think I'm going to sit around trusting them to finish what they start!

1 comment:

Attila the Mom said...

Ok Girlie---all I wanna know is why you were up so late? LOL

Here's a funny: Your verification word is "costrate". Change an "o" to an "a" and well, you get the picture. ;-)